44th Annual TGS Conference
Friday & Saturday, April 15-16, 2016
New Techniques for the Family History Detective
Featuring keynote speaker Lisa Louise Cooke
Last year's two-day conference was such a success, we're doing it again!
Lisa Louise Cooke is the Producer and Host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, an online genealogy audio show at www.GenealogyGems.com that has been downloaded over 1.5 million times. She is the author of the books Turn Your iPad into a Genealogy Powerhouse, How to Find Your Family History in Newspapers, The Genealogist's Google Toolbox, and Genealogy Gems: Ultimate Research Strategies, and the Google Earth for Genealogy DVD series, as well as a writer, instructor and podcaster for Family Tree Magazine. She is a sought-after keynote speaker and presenter, and has been featured at conferences and seminars such as the Who Do You Think You Are? Live in London, RootsTech, The Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree, and the NGS National Conference.
FRIDAY AFTERNOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- Using DNA to Prove Your Hunches
- Tracing Elusive Ancestors Through Land Records
- Mourning Customs of Our Ancestors
- How Do I Make These Facts Interesting to My Family?
- Grandpa and Grandma Were Homesteaders: The Settling of Northeast Kansas
- Computer Security and Storage of Genealogy Treasures
- Revolutionary War Records
- Getting Around a Genealogy "Road Block" (bring your questions)
- What Can I Find in a Will?
- Using Facebook to Search for Ancestors
- Internet Genealogy Sites That Can Help
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours of the Kansas State Archives
SATURDAY LECTURE TOPICS (presented by Lisa Louise Cooke)
- Google Tools & Procedures for Solving Family History Mysteries
- Get the Scoop on Your Ancestors with Newspapers
- How to ReOpen a Cold Case
- The Google Earth Game Show
For more detailed schedule and session descriptions, see the registration form.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Register Online: Click HERE
PRINT and Mail Registration Form: Download HERE
Are you interested in participating as a vendor? Download information HERE